"Creating, optimizing and maintaining your online profiles makes your business more popular," said Jen Vandewetering of WordJack Media at November's Brown Bag Lunch and Learn on Online Marketing.
Managing your online profiles helps you get better rankings and help people looking for products and services find your business easier. It is an ongoing process which should be expanded and refreshed regularly.
"If you aren't doing it, no one else will," Vanderwettering said.
She offered the following tips:
- Keep citation information identical on every profile. (name, address, phone number, etc.)
- Be unique in business write-up, description or biographical information. Make the profile specific to the site.
- Fill out every field and include targeted keywords where appropriate.
- Upload photos, videos, etc.
- Ask clients/customers to leave positive reviews and reward them for it.
- Update profiles often.
HOW TO: Manage Your Online Reputation Using SEO