Western North Carolina and Upstate South Carolina can access the knowledge and experience of ten internationally-acclaimed leaders by attending the Chick-fil-A Leadercast at First Baptist Church in Hendersonville on May 7, 2010.
Chick-fil-A of Hendersonville and Asheville along with presenting sponsor, Park Ridge Hospital invite you to attend the Chick-fil-A Leadercast - a one-day leadership training event broadcast LIVE from Atlanta, Ga. to hundreds of host sites throughout the nation, including Hendersonville. Speakers for the event include:
- Jim Collins, author of “Good to Great,” “How the Mighty Fall” and co-author of “Built to Last”
- Tony Dungy (pre-recorded session), retired head coach for the Indianapolis Colts
- John C. Maxwell, leadership expert and best-selling author of “The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership”
- Ben Carson, neurosurgeon and professor of Pediatric Neurosurgery at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Chip Heath, Author of “Made to Stick,” Columnist for “Fast Company,” and Stanford Professor
- Jim Goodnight, CEO of SAS Institute, Inc.
- Ed Bastian, president of Delta Air Lines
- Connie Podesta, expert in the psychology of human behavior and leadership development
- Mark Sanborn, best-selling author of The Fred Factor
- Steve Uzzell, award-winning corporate photographer and former staff member of National Geographic
The idea for the Chick-fil-A Leadercast was conceived ten years ago by Dr. John C. Maxwell, “New York Times” best-selling author and speaker. He wanted to combine his influential voice in the community with his desire to reach leaders at the heart level.
"The event was a highlight in my development,” said Jennifer Boubel, director of field services for Continental Airlines. “Each speaker brought insights that were inspiring. It is an incredible way to improve upon our leadership so that in turn we can make a difference in the lives of those we influence."
This year’s program will focus on how individual and teams can be the one to make a difference at work, at home and in the community. The ten speakers will speak on subjects such as connecting with others, standing out amid the competition, ideas for creative problem solving, leading in challenging circumstances, creating strong team cultures and how to avoid, detect and reverse decline.
“Leadership is about who you are within and how you can positively influence others,” said Joel Benson, Owner of Chick-fil-A of Hendersonville. “Leadership is about serving and developing others. I think it’s important to come and listen to leaders to reflect on the kind of leader you want to become.”
Area sponsors making this event possible include United Community Bank, Henderson County Chamber of Commerce, HomeTrust Bank, Parsec Financial, First Baptist Church of Hendersonville, and Power-Up!
Proceeds will benefit non-profit organizations focusing on the future leaders of tomorrow: Junior Achievement of WNC, Henderson County Young Leaders Program and Crosswalk of Hendersonville First Baptist Church.
For more information about the Hendersonville Chick-fil-A Leadercast, visit 2powerup.com. Registration and tickets can be purchased online at 2powerup.com or in person at the Henderson County Chamber of Commerce or the Asheville Visitors Center. Tickets must be purchased by April 28th. For additional information, call Sherri Holbert at 828-664-3649.