The Asheville Chamber was pleased to present the 2013 Excellence in Public Service Award to Janice Brumit.
The Excellence in Public Service Award, sponsored by Asheville Savings Bank, recognizes an individual for his/her outstanding contribution to the community through involvement, service or motivation to improving the quality of life for the citizens of Buncombe County.
Janice, a native of Western North Carolina, is a most deserving recipient of the award.
Janice and her husband Joe own and operate 44 Arby's Roast Beef Restaurants in Western North Carolina and upstate South Carolina. She has been actively involved in improving our community and has served on numerous boards throughout the region. Janice was also the Asheville Chamber's first female chair.
- Blue Ridge Heritage Area- Past Board Member & Chairman
- Asheville Humane Society- Past Capital Campaign Co-Chair
- UNCA Board of Trustees- Past Board Member & Chairman
- UNCA Foundation Board – Past Board Member
- Asheville Area Chamber- Past Chairman (past Treasurer, Vice Chair Community Development)
- Buncombe County Economic Development Coalition- Past Vice Chairman
- Mission Hospitals and Clinics System Board of Directors- Immidiare Past Chairman
- Mission Healthcare Foundation- Past Chairman
- North Caolina Rural Center - Board Member
- Asheville Buncombe Partnership for Children (Smart Start)- Past Chairman
- Western Carolina Community Foundation- Past Board of Directors
- Better Business Bureau- Past Chairman
- Quality Forward-Past Board of Directors
- Asheville City Schools Foundation-Past President
- Leadership Asheville XV
- Asheville Area Arts Council- Past Annual Fund Drive Chairman
- Habitat for Humanity- Past Capital Campaign Drive
- United Way- Alexis de Tocqueville Society
- Grove Arcade- Board of Directors
- North Carolina Citizens for Business and Industry- Past Board of Directors
- Woman For Women Philanthropic Organization- Past Secretary/Treasurer
- Asheville Merchants Association - Past Board Member
- Asheville Buncombe Community and Economic Development Alliance -Executive Co Chairman
Congratulations to Janice Brumit!