The 2015 Asheville Triathlon & Kids’ Splash N Dash is a Sprint Triathlon double intended to meet local triathletes’ need for speed and fun, regardless of age or training experience. The result of a collaborative effort between iDaph Events, Right on Time Productions, and the American Cancer Society, this event isn’t just about reeling through the water, pushing yourself and the pedals to the limit on the bike, and striding to the finish line in the run segment. It is even more importantly a positive experience of learning, growing, and bonding for an entire community.
The Asheville Triathlon is a super event for every level of triathlete. Beginner tri-athletes love this race, because the pool swim is great for new swimmers, while the run is very flat, and an easy course to navigate. Meanwhile, elite entrants should prep for a big PR, as this race is fast and a huge hit among local elites. The Kids Multi-Sport event also makes this event an option to give healthy summertime fun to the whole family.
- Sunday, July 19th, 2015
- For adults, the first starts will begin in the pool at 6:45 am, with Kids’ Splash ‘N Dash entrants taking off at approximately 7:30 am.
- Asheville Recreation Park, 65 Gashes Creek Road Asheville, NC 28805
- The event will begin with a 400 meter outdoor swim in the Asheville Rec Park pool, with the first swimmers hitting the water. After the 400 meter swim, athletes will exit the pool and quickly enter the transition area to prep for the bike stage. The 11.6 mile bike course will feature some rolling and challenging hills and some flat roads, turning into rolling landscape before returning to the Rec Park for a very fast run. ( The run is an out and back style course and is one of the flattest 5k’s you will find in the area. Runners had better work on their running form, even if for no other reason than to look spectacular in race photos as they blaze through the finish line claiming new PRs!
- This swim and run ‘Aquathlon’ will take place at the same location and date as the adult triathlon, beginning about 45 minutes later and excluding the biking segment. This aquathlon is designed to promote active, healthy lifestyles among area youth, introduce them to multi-sport events, and encourage them to be their own person as they participate in their very own event.
Race distances will vary based on participant’s age/skill category and will be appropriate for each division. Beginners 9 years old and under will swim the width of the pool and take a run around the parking lot. Intermediate triathletes 10-12 years old and novice competitors 12-15 years old will swim 200 meters followed by a 3km run. Advanced youth 12-15 year olds and more experienced younger kids will swim 400 meters and finish with a 5km run. Parents are encouraged to run alongside their children if they wish, but must give other competitors the right-of-way when on the course.
- Registration is now available at IMathlete.com. This exciting opportunity for summer multi-sport fun is capped at 350 participants, so we expect it to sell out prior to race day. Brand New for 2015… Asheville Triathlon tank tops are available for the first 200 pre-registered athletes, so don’t delay if you want in on the schwag and excitement at Asheville Recreation Park this July!
- We are proud to announce the American Cancer Society as our charity partner for the event. For more than a century, they have made it their focus to “save lives by helping people stay well, helping people get well, by finding cures, and fighting back” by way of performing public services, conducting and funding cancer research, pressing legislators to make public policy changes, and disseminating educational information about the disease. For more information on the ACS, please visit www.cancer.org today.
for this event to assist us with the carrying out of a number of race day tasks. Interested individuals may sign up online at http://vols.pt/sRYU3m (linked from the Asheville Tri site page) or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
For more event information, check out the site page at http://idaph.net/events/asheville-triathlon/, or contact email@example.com. Inquiries into sponsorship opportunities should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.