Accounting, Payroll, Financial Systems, Human Resources and Management Reporting
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
• Maintain financial record keeping and reporting systems.
• Conduct payroll, billing, receivables, payables, cash receipts/disbursements and general ledger.
• Monitor cash flows and investments.
• Oversee the External Audit process, review, analyze results, and make recommendations.
• Prepare the financial section of the annual report.
• Ensure the Foundation complies with all IRS regulations and ensure filings are completed in a timely manner.
• Develop and oversee accounting policies and procedures to meet both current and future business models.
• Responsible for the management of the Foundation’s Insurance and Risk Management program.
• Conduct the annual insurance renewal process, maintain compensation and benefit programs for staff.
• Prepare state charitable registrations.
• Track grant funding.
• Manage ongoing banking relationships for maximum efficiency.
• Develop cash flow forecasting and maintain a long term cash forecast.
• Responsible for Financial Management reporting to the Board of Directors.
• Develop and prepare a monthly Management Reporting Package.
• Present monthly and year-to-date financials with accompanying analysis of results.
• Liaison to Board Committees: Executive Leadership, Finance and Audit.
• Special projects as assigned by CEO.
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business administration or related field required.
• Minimum of five years’ experience in accounting and/or finance, preferably with a non-profit organization.
• Solid written and verbal communication skills, ability to pay attention to detail and maintain confidentiality, and strong interpersonal skills are essential to this position.
• Knowledge of financial systems.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
This is a full-time position with benefit package. Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or mail to The American Chestnut Foundation, 50 North Merrimon Ave., Suite 115, Asheville, NC 28804. No phone calls please.
About The American Chestnut Foundation
Founded in 1983, TACF is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization with the mission to restore the American chestnut to our eastern woodlands to benefit our environment, our wildlife, and our society. The American chestnut was once the dominate hardwood tree species in the eastern U.S., but was killed by an exotic fungus (chestnut blight) during the early 1900s. TACF is developing an American chestnut tree resistant to the chestnut blight and is currently planting and evaluating our first line of potentially disease-resistant trees in our eastern forests.