The Asheville Area Chamber of Commerce is pleased to recognize A.L. Odom Locksmith & Fire Safety, Inc. as Small Business of the Month.
Founded in 2002, A.L. Odom is Asheville’s only retail locksmith shop. The company’s goal is to reach both commercial and residential customers with the knowledge and services they need to protect and secure themselves and their environments. Techs are properly trained and licensed to provide customer confidence. The company consists of a walk-in shop along with a fleet of well-equipped service vans. They make keys, change locks, install access systems and sell and service safes and provide fire safety services. A. L. Odom has been a Chamber member since 2007 and is a four-time recipient of the Sky High Growth Award.
Read on for our interview with A.L. Odom Locksmith...
Tell us a little of the company’s history: when did A.L. Odom open? How many employees do you have? etc.
|Linda Brandt, Chamber Board Chair; Dari Williams, A.L. Odom Locksmith; |
Carol Rovello, Chamber Vice Chair of Small Business and Entrepreneurship
What makes A. L. Odom unique?
- Only retail locksmith shop in Asheville with a convenient location on Sweeten Creek Rd
- techs are properly trained and licensed which is required by law but many people operate without this license.
- Offer sales and service of safes
- Only multi-lock dealer in WNC
- Certified US Lock dealer
- Certified Tidel safe service provider
- Certified Fire King safe service provider
- The Fire safety division has certification in portable fire extinguisher service and sales
- Provides detailed records and documentation for clients to stay in compliance with the law and for insurance, OSHA and other agencies
Any company highlights you’d like to share?
Won Asheville Chamber of Commerce Sky High Growth Award four years in a row
One of 1000 GSA certified container inspectors in the world
What are you most proud of?
Integrity of character and the lengths that we go to in order to protect and serve our customers.
To expand with satellite offices around WNC
To expand the Fire Safety Division
The Asheville Chamber’s tagline is “Connect. Enage. Impact. Thrive.” Tell us what this means to you as a small business in Asheville.
Connect means to reach our customers – both commercial and residential with the knowledge they need to protect and secure themselves and their environments.
Engage means to engage our clients where they need service, information or products to improve their daily lives.
Impact means to reach customers on a personal level so they can benefit from our products and services.
Thrive means to spark a chain reaction that will initiate a better economic community for everyone by creating new and innovative ways to get feedback and improve the overall business atmosphere of WNC.
Congratulations to A.L. Odom Locksmith and Fire Safety, Inc!