Historic Biltmore Village is looking for a new cover design for our brochure. The winning design will be used on the cover of our next brochure along with our Facebook and twitter pages. Credit and a brief bio of the winning artist will also be included.
Historic Biltmore Village prints 60,000 brochures a year and is distributed throughout Western NC. This opportunity will allow the winning artist to have their painting seen by locals and tourists alike.
The painting needs to be a reflection of Historic Biltmore Village and the HBV logo will be added to the winning painting prior to brochure printing.
Rules for the contest are:
- Paintings must be created in physical
media (no digital "paintings")
(i.e. Oil, watercolor, pastel, acrylic, etc. Note - we have nothing against digital mediums - but we don't want to judge them against physical paintings.)
- Paintings sizes are not important. You may upload whatever image
size you are comfortable sharing.
(We suggest a minimum of 600-1000 pixels on the longest side so the judge has enough resolution to discern details) jpeg format only please.
- Your painting must be your own original concept and not a copy of anyone else's copyrighted material.
- ALL entries (not just winners) will be displayed on the Historic Biltmore Village website. Each entry becomes part of the public, historical online contest catalog and will not be removed at a later date.
- All submissions must be made using the following email address. firstname.lastname@example.org See Website for more contact information. Physical submission cannot be accepted.
- By entering this art competition, you are
granting us a non-exclusive license to reproduce images of your artwork
(on this website, brochure, social media and in our newsletters...with credit and links to you, of course). No other use will be applied without your consent.
- Artworks may be submitted until midnight, September 15, 2015
The winning artist will receive:
A $250 cash award
1 night stay at the DoubleTree Biltmore Hilton Hotel
Gift Certificates from: The Cantina, Village Wayside, Corner Kitchen
Gifts from Lilly Pulitzer, Jos A. Bank, Talbots and MTN. Merch.
In addition to this, the winning artist’s work will be hung and made available for sale at Southern Highland Craft Guild, if you so desire.