Park Ridge Health features access to care at its hospital, conveniently located off I-26, exit 44, as well as more than 30 clinical offices throughout Hendersonville, Fletcher, Mills River, South Asheville, East Asheville and Black Mountain. Park Ridge Health’s combined network of more than 250 medical providers includes more than 35 primary care providers and nearly 100 specialists representing more than 30 specialties.
“We want our friends and neighbors across Western North Carolina to know they can count on us to be there for them when they need care from an in-network health care system,” said Jimm Bunch, Park Ridge Health President and CEO. “We know having affordable, high-quality care is important to the people of Western North Carolina, and it’s important to us, too.”
Mission Health has demanded increases in payments that make premiums and out-of-pocket costs even higher for customers.
“Every other health system in North Carolina is part of our network,” said Mark Werner, Vice President of Provider Network at Blue Cross NC. “Mission Health decided to cancel their contract rather than work with us to slow down rising medical costs.”
After Oct. 5, 2017, Blue Cross NC customers seeking non-emergency care will have to choose an in-network facility, or pay higher prices. The following facilities will be in network after Oct. 5, 2017:
- Park Ridge Health Hendersonville, Henderson County
- LifePoint - Harris Regional Hospital Sylva, Jackson County
- LifePoint - Haywood Regional Medical Center Clyde, Haywood County
- LifePoint - Frye Regional Hospital Hickory, Catawba County
- Catawba Valley Medical Center Hickory, Catawba County
- Pardee Hospital Hendersonville, Henderson County
- Carolinas HealthCare System Blue Ridge-Morganton Morganton, Burke County
- Carolinas HealthCare System Blue Ridge-Valdese Valdese, Burke County
- Watauga Medical Center Boone, Watauga County
Customers can consider urgent, non-emergency care at in-network, urgent care locations. Most independent physicians in the area also participate in the Blue Cross NC network. Blue Cross NC customers can find urgent care and primary care options in Buncombe and surrounding counties by visiting bcbsnc.com.
Please note: In case of an emergency, Blue Cross NC customers should go to the nearest hospital. Emergency care is always covered as an in-network benefit. Prior authorization is never required for emergency care.
Blue Cross NC customers can visit bcbsnc.com/missionhealth or call the number on their insurance cards for additional information about their options for care in Western North Carolina.