As an Asheville Chamber member, we invite you to submit a proposal for the 2017-18 Smart Series beginning September 2017. Each session will be held in the Asheville Area Chamber of Commerce Board Room, either from 8-9 a.m. or 12-1 p.m. Topics and guidelines are listed below. Proposals should be submitted by Friday, July 14th.
- Presenter must choose one of the topics listed below, as these were specifically requested from our members. We recognize that these topics may seem broad. Presentations should give specific, actionable information related to some aspect of the topic rather than generalized.
- Include a brief description of program to be presented.
- Include brief bio of presenter.
- Submit proposal to Amy Jackson, Director of Engagement at email@example.com by July 14th
· Why SEO are the most important letters for your business
· Culture of Service
· Management vs. Leadership
· Wellness in the Workplace
· Cyber Security in the Workplace
· Demographics (including growing pains)
· Social Media – Latest and Greatest
· Social Media – Avoiding Legal Pitfalls
· Emotional Intelligence
· Professional Communication on and off Work Hours
· Sales: Relationships with Your Customers
· Power of Persuasion
· Who Is Your CustomerGeneral criteria for presenters:
- No solicitation of products or services by the speaker.
- Program must promote the professionalism of members.
- Content must be educational, meaningful, and practical for the business community.
- Program must be delivered by a qualified expert on the topic.
- Presenter is responsible for program materials distributed to attendees.
- Speaker should indicate equipment/technology needs and conduct a “practice run” at least one week in advance.
- Programs can be presented in a variety of timeframes, but no longer than a total of 55 minutes.
Director of Engagement
Asheville Area Chamber of Commerce