Jazz, classical, experimental music and more will be offered when UNC Asheville music faculty members perform in a free concert at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 13 in the Lipinsky Hall Lobby on campus.
Among the faculty members performing will be pianists Bill Bares and Hwa-Jin Kim, guitarist Tim Doyle, electronic musician Wayne Kirby, trombonist Fletcher Peacock, soprano vocalist Simone Vigilante, bassist Zack Page, and two mainstays of singer Michael Bublé’s international touring band – trumpeter Justin Ray and saxophonist Jacob Rodriguez. Says Rodriguez of his UNC Asheville colleagues, “The musicianship of these professionals is second to none. I love making art with them.”
The Faculty Showcase Concert begins the fall schedule of free performances and lectures by UNC Asheville faculty and students:
- Lecture: Bluegrass in Japan by Toby King, assistant professor of music who directs UNC Asheville’s Bluegrass Ensemble. 7 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 27 in Lipinsky Hall Lobby.
- Concert: University Singers, UNCA Wind and Percussion Ensembles – 7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 4 in Lipinsky Hall.
- Live at Lunch Concerts – bring or buy lunch and enjoy performances by UNC Asheville music students at noon on Thursdays, Oct. 6, 13, 20 and 27 in Highsmith Union Grotto.
- Lecture: The Beatles in ‘3’ by Brian Felix, assistant professor of music. 7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 25 in Lipinsky Hall Lobby.
- Concert: Asheville Singers and New Media students. 7 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 10 in Lipinsky Hall Lobby.
- Concert: UNCA Wind Ensemble. 7 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 17 in Lipinsky Hall Lobby.
- Concert: Percussion Ensembles. 3 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 20 in Lipinsky Auditorium.
- Concert: University Singers and Asheville Singers. 3 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 4 in Lipinsky Hall Lobby.
For more information, visit music.unca.edu/upcoming-events.