The 2017 summer session begins at orientation on Friday, June 16, and Tuesday, June 20, and continues through Friday, Aug. 11. Applicants must complete the application form found online at http://www.pardeehospital.org/about-us/volunteer/.
As junior volunteers, students will learn the value of community service and get exposure to the health care setting. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Escorting patients and visitors to their destinations.
- Transporting patients and visitors in wheelchairs.
- Working in the Garden Café and Orchards Café.
- Assisting in various other departments.
Junior volunteers are expected to work at least four hours per week, Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Junior volunteers will not volunteer on weekends. To be considered for a junior volunteer position at Pardee Hospital, applicants must meet all the following requirements:
- Be at least 14 years old by April 1, 2017.
- Complete and return all application documents to Karla Reese, volunteer and chaplain services director, prior to April 13, 2017 (include required signatures of both the student and parent/guardian).
- Attend the required orientation meeting on Friday, June 16, or Tuesday, June 20, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For additional information, contact Karla Reese at 828-696-4240 or email@example.com.