The mission of The American Chestnut Foundation is to restore the American chestnut tree to our eastern woodlands to benefit our environment, our wildlife, and our society.
Position: Grants Manager – Full time, permanent position
Responsible for all aspects of raising support from foundations, corporations, and government sources requiring proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Grants Manager works with TACF staff, board members, chapters, volunteers and partners to help find grant opportunities to fund projects and programs of TACF.
· Develop and prioritize projects and proposals; meet and work with staffs to elicit projects and programs that need support; manage meetings to vet projects and programs and set priorities for funding.
· Develop and foster relationships with institutional funders.
· Generate proposals for projects and programs.
· Write all budgets, reports, and other ancillary materials.
· Manage existing grants by: tracking grants; developing internal reporting systems; writing reports; maintaining excellent historical records; working with staff to ensure each project or program is meeting proposal conditions and expectations.
· Monitor and manage grants income goal.
· Assist with other fundraising projects and tasks as requested.
· Along with Director of Development and Accounting Manager, track all grants and deliverables.
· With Administrative Manager, research new foundation funding sources with a focus on conservation, environmental protection, or forest health. Send letters of inquiry to these new sources to seek proposal invitations.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Knowledge of fundraising information sources
· Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors
· Proven track record with institutional donors, foundations, corporations, and public granting agencies
· Knowledge of fundraising techniques and strategies
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to clearly communicate in writing complex scientific goals in compelling, accessible language
· Excellent computer skills with all Microsoft Office programs
· Experience with budget development and monitoring
· Knowledge of contracts and agreements preferred
Qualifications and Requirements:
· BA in related area of study
· Minimum of three years of experience with grant writing and fundraising
· Proven track record of raising money from foundation and government sources
· Previous experience with non-profit fundraising preferred
Please send cover letter and resume to The American Chestnut Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will close November 30, 2015.