Customer Service Representative
Summary: SimplyHome's mission is to provide affordable and dignified options for independent living and aging in place by developing assistive technology that is adapted as individual needs change over time. SimplyHome designs and installs customizable systems and offers related client care for aging and disabled populations. Named one of OUTSIDE’s
Best Places to Work of 2016, our core values include:
• Do the right thing.
• Make the magic happen for someone every day.
• Deliver Service beyond expectations.
• Use actions to inspire others.
• Create outcomes through imagination.
• Create Honest Relationships through Communication.
• Family First.
• Do More with Less.
• Be Passionate and Determined.
• Be Humble.
Those whose values are not similar to the values listed above need not apply.
The Customer Service Representative accommodates current and prospective client requests on a daily basis. This role reports directly to the Customer Service Manager and to Human Resources. Familiarity with CRM systems, Microsoft Office and Podio is required. This is an hourly position with the expectation of a 40-hour work week. Commensurate pay with experience. This is a dog-friendly environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Initiate or provide a general overview of SimplyHome offerings to interested parties (basic marketing and sales)
• Coordinate details of any SimplyHome product order from start to finish:
− Complete intakes and assessments for new clients
− Add appropriate order information and documents to SalesForce or similar CRM system
− Ship products
− Coordinate installations
− Client follow-up
• Basic technology troubleshooting as well as on-site local installations of standard plug and play systems
• Primary customer phone support
• Daily checks of monitoring systems and their reports
• Updating provider and client information in online customer portals and managing databases
• Maintain and update SimplyHome internal website support and client support
• Communicating as a liaison with various product call centers
• Exhibiting at local conferences and supporting in-office Lunch and Learns
• Attend meetings with agencies, providers, vendors or managed care entities
• Train and advise customers, staff, and/or stakeholders about the technology offered
• Maintain confidentiality of company records
Other duties may be assigned by the Customer Service Manager, the corporate President and/or the Vice-Presidents or designee.
Qualifications/Requirements, Desired Skills/Traits: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
• Proficient computer skills (PC and Mac preferred) in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Detail-oriented and self-motivated
• Adept at critical thinking and problem solving
• The ability to use multiple explanation techniques
• Demonstrates patience
• Comfortable in fast paced environment
• Works well on a team
• Some travel
Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED equivalent is required. Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Business or Communications or in related fields is required. At least 2 years experience in a Client Services role or related field preferred. Knowledge of or experience with CRMs inclusive of SalesForce and/or Podio preferred.