Classes are free unless noted. Pre-registration required. Call today at 255-5166.
Homebuyer Education Series - ($35.00 participant fee) Our HUD-certified course provides a step-by-step explanation of the home-buying process, a fantastic resource book, and an opportunity to interact with local real estate / lending / legal professionals so that you can make an informed decision about the biggest investment you will probably ever make. Certificate received upon completion.
- (4-part class) Mondays & Wednesdays December 1, 3, 8 & 10 from 5:30 to 8:30 pm
What To Do With Your Tax Return - Confused about how to spend your tax return? Should you pay off debt or go shopping? In this class we'll discuss the options of how to best use your refund to benefit your financial goals.
- Monday, December 1 from 12:00 to 1:00 pm - offered through the Women's Financial Empowerment Center
Health Insurance Basics & Budgeting for Health - 2-part series taught by WCMS Health Access and OnTrack Financial Education & Counseling
- Learn key health insurance terms.
- Understand how to effectively use your health insurance.
- Learn how income, expenses, and debt all affect a successful budget.
- Create a realistic budget for your healthcare costs.
- Monday & Wednesday, December 1 & 3 from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm
Please bring your monthly health insurance premium and annual deductible amounts with you to class.
What Every Woman Needs to Know About Money - Everyone uses money, but not everyone approaches it the same way. This group education class will explore the differences in how women approach money; how our thoughts and feelings, and even our fears, both help and hinder us. We can learn to take advantage of our unique ways of decision making, and also our approaches to the risks and rewards of personal finance. Consider this issue that affects women the most: since we live longer than men, but still tend to earn less over a life-time, what's a woman to do? This workshop will help you figure it out!
- Wednesday, December 3 from 12:00 to 1:00 pm - offered through the Women's Financial Empowerment Center
Manage Your Money Series - Our most popular seminar deals with the basics of budgeting, setting goals, planning spending to realize goals, saving strategies, and tracking spending.
Thursday, December 4, Monday, December 15, and Thursday, December 18 from 5:30 to 8:00 pm
Post Bankruptcy Class -($35.00 participant fee)
- Tuesday, December 16 from 9:00 to 11:30 am
Understanding Credit. Get it. Keep it. Improve it. - Find out what you know about credit! Learn what credit is, how to fix your past credit mistakes, read your credit reports, understand credit repair, and more.
- Friday, December 19 from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm