Since 2010, The Center for Craft, Creativity & Design has supported the careers of emerging curators with an interest in contemporary craft through its Windgate Museum Internship Program. This year, CCCD is proud to announce a new initiative that will support curators by giving them resources, space, and technical assistance to nurture their talents.
The Curatorial Fellowship is a yearlong program created to give emerging craft curators a platform to explore and test new ideas about craft. Three Curatorial Fellows will be selected to fully develop and mount their proposed exhibition in CCCD's Benchspace Gallery & Workshop, located in Asheville, North Carolina, during the 2017 exhibition season. The Curatorial Fellows will work with Assistant Director Marilyn Zapf to produce the exhibition, develop didactic material and an exhibition catalog, and deliver a curatorial talk.
Selected curators will receive at no cost:
- $5,000 honorarium (50% in advance, 50% upon completion of project)
- $8,000 exhibition budget
- Expenses paid Summer 2016 site visit to CCCD in Asheville, NC
- Marketing of exhibition through print and web material
- 20 page exhibition publication produced by CCCD
- Professional exhibition photography
- Curator's talk at CCCD during exhibition
Application Deadline: March 28, 2016, 6 pm EST.