Those honored from Mission Health are:
- Karen Olsen, RN, Chief Nursing Executive, Mission Hospital
- Vallire D. Hooper, RN, Manger Nursing Research, Mission Health
- Dennis W. Gruber, RN, 6 North St. Joseph Campus, Mission Hospital
- Scotta Orr, RN, Quality Improvement Advisor II, Mission Health
“This acknowledgement from Great 100 Nurses is a very welcome recognition of Mission Health’s approach to patient-centered care,” said Ronald A. Paulus, MD, President and CEO, Mission Health. “We believe we have the absolutely best nurses in the nation. Our nursing staff is extremely dedicated and focused, and it shows in every interaction they have with patients and their families. We are gratified by Great 100’s recognition of commitment we are proud to witness every day.”
Mission Health employs 2,710 full-time registered nurses as of Aug. 1, 2016.
The Great 100, Inc. is a grassroots peer recognition organization honoring the nursing profession in North Carolina by:
- Recognizing the importance of registered nurses in diverse practice settings
- Positively impacting the image of nursing and nursing as a profession
- Acknowledging 100 North Carolina nurses annually who demonstrate excellence in practice and commitment to their profession
The sponsoring organization notes “a special kind of character, skill and integrity to demonstrate excellence in nursing through practice, education and leadership. This recognition status speaks volumes to the significant impact that nurses, nurse educators, nurse researchers and nurse leaders have on team members, patients and families.”
For this year’s complete list of the Great 100 recipients, visit https://great100.org/Awards/index.asp.