- James Baley (2016): Trusts and estates
- Jones P. Byrd, Sr. (2005): Construction law; eminent domain and condemnation law; litigation - real estate; medical malpractice law - plaintiffs; personal injury litigation - plaintiffs
- Carolyn Coward (2016): Corporate compliance law
- Dale A. Curriden (2013): Commercial litigation; personal injury litigation - defendants; professional malpractice law - defendants
- Stephen J. Grabenstein (2011): Commercial litigation; litigation - trusts and estates; trusts and estates
- Robert H. Haggard (2001): Trusts and estates
- Larry C. Harris, Jr. (2013): Business organizations (including LLCs and partnerships); commercial transactions/UCC law; corporate law; mergers and acquisitions law
- Craig D. Justus (2008): Land use and zoning law; litigation - land use and zoning
- John G. Kelso (2011): Trusts and estates
- Barry B. Kempson (1989): Trusts and estates, retired
- Esther E. Manheimer (2015): Appellate practice; litigation - land use and zoning; litigation - real estate
- Larry S. McDevitt (2003): Commercial litigation; litigation - patent; medical malpractice law - defendants; medical malpractice law - plaintiffs; personal injury litigation - plaintiffs
- W. Carleton Metcalf (2016): Litigation - banking and finance
- Mark A. Pinkston (2011): Bankruptcy and creditor debtor rights/insolvency and reorganization law; litigation - bankruptcy; mortgage banking foreclosure law
- Adam L. Shealy (2011): Trusts and estates
- Phillip J. Smith (1993): Commercial litigation; construction law; litigation - construction
- Albert L. Sneed, Jr. (1991): Bankruptcy and creditor debtor rights/insolvency and reorganization law; commercial litigation
- Allan R. Tarleton (2011): Medical malpractice law - defendants; workers' compensation law - employers
- David M. Wilkerson (2016): Litigation - patent
"I would like to congratulate my colleagues on being named to the 2017 Best Lawyers in America list," said Caroline Knox, president of The Van Winkle Law Firm. "Some of our attorneys have been listed for 25 years or more. This well-deserved recognition is evidence of the skill and expertise they provide to our clients."
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers® has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Best Lawyers lists are compiled based on an exhaustive peer-review evaluation. Over 83,000 leading attorneys globally are eligible to vote, and Best Lawyers® has received more than 13 million votes to date on the legal abilities of other lawyers based on their specific practice areas around the world. For the 2017 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, 7.3 million votes were analyzed, which resulted in almost 55,000 leading lawyers being included in the new edition. Lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed; therefore, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers "the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice."
For more than 100 years, the attorneys at The Van Winkle Law Firm have provided a premier level of strategic legal counsel and services to meet clients’ personal, estate planning, commercial, business and litigation needs. With offices in Asheville, Hendersonville and Charlotte, the firm is one of the largest in the state.
For additional information, please visit www.vwlawfirm.com.