The event takes place September 28-30 and kicks off at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, September 28th, with the NCSHRM State Council meeting. Registration for conference attendees begins at 10 a.m.
The conference theme is “Lead Differently” and aims to challenge human resource professionals to rethink how they engage and motivate staff and colleagues. Additionally, the lineup of notable speakers and keynotes has a wide appeal to a variety of business leaders and students and is not limited to only those in the human resources field.
The following is a sample of this year’s lineup:
- Janet Mock, Transgender activist, writer and television personality
- Tom Rath, bestselling author and researcher
- Simon Bailey, award-winning motivational speaker and writer
- Ideate, a thoughtfully curated session featuring four speakers who will translate their unique ideas into engaging ten minute presentations. Speakers include Cortina Caldwell, Communications Director, LEAF; Patti Digh, author and founder of Life is a Verb Camp; Kendra Penland, Executive Director, Asheville Brewers Alliance; and Chad Littlefield, co-founder of We!
- Jonathan Yarbrough, Employment Attorney, Constangy, Brooks, Smith and Prophete
- Kris Taylor, Author of The Leader’s Guide to Turbulent Times
- Paula Harvey, Vice President of Human Resources, Schulte Building Systems
- Leslie Lasher, Employment Attorney, Teague Campbell
- Chris Maslin, Director of Staffing and Training & Ann Ashley, VP Staffing and Professional Development, The Biltmore Company
- Dr. Chad Krisel, Integrative Family Medicine
- Meredith Mauch, Wellness Assistant, Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
- Val Boston III, Managing Partner, Boston and Associates
- Angie Flynn-McIver, Founder and President of Ignite CSP
- Amy Climer, PhD, Owner, Climer Consulting
The largest event of its kind to be hosted by a local association at the U.S. Cellular Center, the NCSHRM Conference is an annual gathering of human resources professionals from around the state. Local organizers anticipate 1,000 attendees for the three-day event, with additional attendance expected for the individual keynote speakers and general sessions.
The entire three-day schedule is now available online at 2016 NCSHRM Conference Agenda. Please note the schedule is still being updated and is subject to change.
Tickets for the three-day NCSHRM conference are currently on sale at www.2016avl.com/register.
Special rates are available for students currently pursuing a BA or graduate degree in the human resources field.
Tickets for individual speakers go on sale August 1st.
To learn more about the 2016 NCSHRM Conference, visit www.2016avl.com.